The Science Students' Society or S-Cubed is an independent, non-political, and non-profit organisation that was established in 2003 for all students in the Faculty of Science at the University of Malta. "Our mission is to promote unity among all students and potential students of science through social and educational activities."
S-Cubed was established for all students within the Faculty of Science of the University of Malta on the 7th of April, 2003. S-Cubed's activities consist of a large variety of academic and professional events that are organised to provide its members and students an opportunity to enhance their skills and to interact with each other.
Over the past 20 years, S-Cubed has been working to:
- Represent its members at the University of Malta.
- Represent its members on a wider national and international level.
- Promote cultural and scientific interchanges amongst its members.
- Encourage the development of an environment more conducive to the advancement of science.
S-Cubed aims to produce well-rounded scientists with a practical and international outlook through a wide variety of events. The three main focus areas are:
- Academic: Achieved by organising the Annual Science Conference, as well as seminars, site visits and workshops.
- Science Communication: Educating and promoting science to the students and the general public by organising and being part of events such as Science in the City.
- Social Policy: Promoting discussion of current issues affecting science students as well the general public.